At UF Health The Villages® Hospital, we know that healthcare can sometimes be confusing. When people have the information they need before receiving medical treatment, they become smart and happy consumers. The more accurate and comprehensive the information, the better healthcare works. This is healthcare transparency. Our goal is to help you understand your options, care, and bills from UF Health The Villages® Hospital and other healthcare providers.
Important information for our patients:
- Patients may request estimated charges.
- Other providers may bill the patient separately for services performed.
- Providers may not participate with facility insurers (out-of-network).
- Patients should contact practitioners to determine network status.
To see the average payments for over 200 service bundles on the Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) price transparency site, click here. The service bundles include all components of care, including physician, ancillary and hospital payments. The average payment data is based on claims data submitted on non-Medicare and non-Medicaid member health care encounters by health plans.
- The service bundle information is a nonpersonalized estimate of costs that may be incurred by the patient for anticipated services and that actual costs will be based on services actually provided to the patient;
- Patients have a right to request a personalized estimate from the hospital;
- Patients should contact the health care providers anticipated to provide services to the patient while in the hospital to obtain a personalized estimate of their costs, their billing practices and whether they participate in the patient’s health plan.
Accepted health plans
We accept the following plans, provider networks and government programs:
- AARP (United Healthcare of Florida)
- Aetna (Includes Behavioral Health)
- Commercial HMO, PPO, POS, EPO
- Medicare Advantage
- Medicare HMO
- Medicare PPO
- First Health Network PPO
- Allwell (Sunshine State Health Plan)
- Medicare Advantage
- AmeriChoice (United Healthcare of Florida)
- Medicaid HMO
- Beacon Health Strategies, LLC (Behavioral Health)
- Medicare Advantage
- Medicaid HMO
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, Inc.
- Health Options: Blue Medicare HMO, Blue Medicare Plus, Blue Care, MyBlue, Simply Blue
- Florida Blue: Blue Select, Network Blue - Blue Options, Preferred Hospital System PPO, Preferred Patient care - Blue Choice, Blue Medicare PPO, Advantage 65
- CareOne Medicare Advantage HMO
- CareFree Medicare Advantage HMO
- CareNeeds Plus Medicare HMO SNP
- CareNeeds Medicare HMO SNP
- Choice Managed Networks - Worker's Compensation
- Cigna Behavioral Health (Inpatient Only)
- Medicare Advantage
- CIGNA Healthcare of Florida
- Healthspring HMO and PPO Medicare Advantage
- Commercial PPO, Choice Fund PPO, Open Access Plus, OA Plus, Preferred HMO, Primary HMO
- TotalCare HMO D-SNP
- Clear Health Alliance (See: Simply Healthcare)
- Coventry Health Care - Worker's Compensation
- Devoted Health (Includes Behavioral Health)
- Devoted Health Core Medicare Advantage
- Devoted Health Prime Medicare Advantage
- First Health Network
- PPO (UF Health The Villages® Hospital only)
- Freedom Health, Inc/Optimum Healthcare, Inc.
- Freedom Health Medicare Advantage
- Optimum Healthcare Medicare Advantage
- C-SNP (Diamond)
- HMO Gold
- HMO Medicare Advantage
- PPO Medicare Advantage
- Medicare - Managed PPO
- Commercial PPO
- Simply Healthcare Plans
- Clear Health Alliance
- Simply Medicaid
- Staywell (See: Wellcare)
- Sunshine State Health Plan, Inc.
- Medicaid HMO
- Healthy Kids
- Ultimate Health Plans
- Ascend (HMO)
- Advantage Care HMO CSNP
- Elite by Ultimate HMO
- Premier Plus HMO
- Acclaim HMO
- United Behavioral Health (UBH)
- United Healthcare of Florida (UHC)
- Preferred Care Partners Medicare Advantage
- AARP Medicare Advantage Complete
- UHC Wellmed
- United Healthcare Villages Plan
- VA Community Care Network
- Wellcare (Includes Behavioral Health)
- HMO and PPO Medicare Advantage
- Staywell Medicaid (FL Comprehansive MMA & LTC)
- Staywell Serious Mental Illness (SMI)
- Staywell Children's Medical Services Health Plan (CMS Plan)
- Behavioral Health - All Products Above
- Federal Coleman Correctional Facility Inmates
- Lake County Detention Center Inmates
- Sumter County Detention Center Inmates
**If your insurance company is not listed above, please contact your insurance provider directly to negotiate an individual letter of agreement with our hospital so you can receive your care with us.
**Patients should always contact their Health Plan before any elective procedure to ensure they are covered.
The above list is for reference purposes only and is subject to change. Check with your health plan to confirm that our hospital is included. We may participate in some, but not all, products offered by a health plan. For questions about insurance coverage or specific plan products including Medicare and UF Health Alliance Laboratory, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
All Medicare Advantage Payers—split billing except Blue Cross Blue Shield
Billing collections payment policy
UF Health Central Florida Patient Financial Services performs the billing, collection and accounts reconciliation processes for all services rendered at UF Health The Villages® Hospital.
Charity care policy
It is the policy of UF Health Central Florida to provide emergency care to all patients regardless of ability to pay. Our hospitals allocate resources to identify charity cases and provide uncompensated care based upon the information submitted at the time of application for charity care by patients or their legal representative or through the use of other criteria-based methods to determine charity eligibility.
Charity adjustments may only be granted to patients receiving non-elective care. Charity adjustments may be applied to approved accounts for uninsured and underinsured patients based on the patient’s total gross family income (family unit) and the patient’s willful cooperation in applying for Medicaid or other available coverage.
To qualify for charity care, one must meet established medical necessity, identification, income and assets (for medical indigence), and residency criteria.
To learn more about our Charity Care policy, contact us at 352.323.5660.
Most payers have communicated they will cover 100% of the testing cost; however, patients should contact their insurance company for the most up-to-date information. If you do not currently have insurance coverage we have established a standard COVID-19 test cash price of $256.65.
Financial assistance policy
Our financial assistance program was established to help patients with limited financial resources to pay for care provided to them. The patient financial services team can help you determine your eligibility for the financial assistance program. As a part of the eligibility process, you will be asked to provide a confidential financial statement and income certification (including a credit report and other documents necessary for verifying income).
Click the links below to obtain additional information regarding UF Health Central Florida's financial assistance program.
- Financial Assistance Program Summary.
- Financial Assistance Program Summary (Spanish).
- Full Financial Assistance Policy.
- Full Financial Assistance Policy (Spanish).
- Financial Assistance Application.
- Billing Collections Payment Policy.
To determine if you are eligible, or if you have questions, please call 352.323.5040.
In an ongoing effort to make it easy for our patients to estimate the cost of their future visit to one of our facilities, price estimates for procedures offered at our hospital are available in the links below. This information is intended to provide you with an approximation of your financial responsibility for the services you will receive. Since healthcare needs vary from patient to patient, your charges may be different depending on the medical services provided to you and ordered by your physician. You should contact your health insurer or HMO (health maintenance organization) for anticipated cost sharing responsibilities.
Please be aware the estimate provided covers hospital services only; it does not include professional fees for services provided by independent practitioners, such as pathologists, radiologists, surgeons, anesthesiologists, emergency room physicians or other specialists. These practitioners bill separately from the hospital and you can contact them directly for pricing information; their contact information is available under the tab below entitled, “Provider groups under contract with the hospital.”
UF Health Central Florida will provide a written estimate for hospital services to anyone requesting an estimate within seven (7) days after the request. Information provided is an estimate of charges associated with the procedures and diagnoses and does not account for unforeseen complications or additional healthcare conditions that may increase the cost of care. The estimates will be made available either electronically or via written correspondence. Patients and potential patients may request a specific estimate, based upon their physician's order by contacting us at 352.323.5660.
Provider groups under contract with the hospital
UF Health The Villages® Hospital
Patient Financial Services