Reminders during COVID-19
Don't Delay Your Care
Find a Doctor
- If you need to find a doctor, our online directory can help.
Visit our Emergency Room or Urgent Care Center
- Our hospital emergency room and freestanding E.R. at Brownwood are open and safely providing the care you need right away.
- The Urgent Care Center on the campus of UF Health Leesburg Hospital is open from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. At this time, our Urgent Care Center is equipped to provide testing for symptomatic COVID-19 cases only. If you are NOT experiencing symptoms or are concerned that you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please contact the Lake County Department of Health for testing.
Unwavering Focus on Safety
UF Health The Villages® Hospital adheres to a number of measures designed to protect our patients, visitors and staff. All COVID-19-positive patients continue to be isolated in special remote units separated from other patients and fitted with HEPA filters. Additionally, all patients and visitors are medically screened at hospital entrances upon arrival, visitation is restricted to one per patient for the duration of the patient’s stay, and all visitors and staff are required to wear approved face masks at all times while in the hospital. Thank you for placing your trust in us to meet your health care needs.
- Hospital visiting hours are from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- One visitor per patient is allowed in the hospital for the duration of the patient's stay.
- All patients and visitors will continue to be medically screened, including temperature checks, at hospital entrances upon arrival.
- Visitors and staff will be required to wear masks at all times while in the hospital (masks with exhalation valves are not permitted - see below).
- All patients scheduled for elective procedures will be pre-screened for COVID-19 in advance of their procedure using the rapid in-house testing capabilities currently available at the hospital.
- All hospital staff will continue to adhere to best practice public health guidelines as set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Florida Department of Health, including but not limited to:
- Mandatory masking
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection of all patient and public access areas
- Frequent hand hygiene
- Physical distancing
Visitors at UF Health The Villages® Hospital are NOT permitted to wear any mask with an exhalation valve, regardless of whether a filter is present, unless a second ear loop or surgical mask is worn and completely covers the valve part of the mask. Visit CDC.gov/coronavirus to see the latest guidelines related to the use of exhalation valve masks.