Inpatient oncology unit
UF Health The Villages® Hospital's 12-bed inpatient oncology unit has been specially designed to promote a comforting, healing atmosphere for our patients and to encourage family involvement. Medical oncology patients receive unique and specialized care delivered by a dedicated team of experienced oncology nurses who work closely with our oncology physicians.
In addition to our certified oncology specialists, patients in the inpatient oncology unit can access the services provided by:
- Pain management specialists.
- Social workers.
- Spiritual care professionals.
The Outpatient Infusion Center at UF Health The Villages® Hospital provides supportive care in a comfortable environment for people who need frequent infusions of medications, including those with central lines. Patients receive one-on-one nursing care that is personalized to their specific needs.
UF Health The Villages® Hospital is accredited with commendation by the American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer (CoC).
There are only 1,500 CoC-accredited cancer programs in the United States. Accreditation encourages hospitals, treatment centers and other facilities to improve their quality of care through various cancer-related programs and activities. These programs are concerned with the full continuum of cancer—from prevention to survivorship and end-of-life care—while addressing both survival and quality of life.
Patients who obtain care at a CoC-accredited cancer program receive the following benefits:
- Quality cancer care.
- Comprehensive care offering a range of state-of-the-art services and equipment.
- A multidisciplinary team approach to coordinate the best cancer treatment options available.
- Access to cancer-related information and education.
- Access to patient-centered services such as psychosocial distress screening and navigation.
- Options for genetic assessment and counseling and palliative care services.
- Assessment of treatment planning based on evidence-based national treatment guidelines.
- Information about clinical trials and new treatment options.
- Follow-up care at the completion of treatment, including a survivorship care plan.
- A cancer registry that collects data on cancer type, stage and treatment results, and offers lifelong patient follow-up.
Award-winning cancer registry
Our cancer registry has been awarded the prestigious Jean Byers Award for excellence in cancer registration from the Florida Cancer Data System every year since the inception of our program in 2004. This award acknowledges the quality, timeliness and completeness in the way cancer data is reported to the statewide cancer registry.