TVRH Rehabilitation Hospital
Our dedicated team creates advanced therapy plans for each patient, building on every moment of triumph along the way. Celebrating this incremental progress keeps us - and our patients - motivated to keep improving every single day. For this reason, TVRH Rehabilitation Hospital is chosen by patients and their families every day as the destination for recovery.
Located on the hospital's fifth floor, the 30-bed acute inpatient rehabilitation facility features a physical therapy gym, communal dining hall, and an activities of daily living (ADL) suite. Patients who suffer from conditions including, but not limited to, stroke, spinal cord injury, amputation, brain injury, and neurological disorders receive around-the-clock care, advanced physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech pathology, social services, case management, neuropsychology, and more.
TVRH Rehabilitation Hospital is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). This designation represents the highest level of accreditation that can be awarded to a rehabilitation facility. To earn a three-year accreditation, TVRH Rehabilitation Hospital underwent a rigorous peer review process, most recently in 2018, and demonstrated to a team of surveyors during an on-site visit that its programs and services are accountable, measurable, and of the highest quality.
Why is CARF Accreditation Important?
The Villages® Regional Hospital's participation and adherence to CARF standards means that our inpatient rehabilitation facility (TVRH Rehabilitation Hospital) is dedicated to continuous improvement by examining patient health outcomes and surveying patients about their experiences. CARF accreditation also validates the quality of our care and services, including:
- Employing qualified professional physicians, nurses, therapists, and social workers.
- Personalizing care plans to fit the needs of each patient.
- Providing patient-centered care, including prompt response to patient needs and questions.
The following are excerpts from the report by the CARF team following their 2018 onsite visit:
- It is evident that TVRH provides comprehensive, organized rehabilitation programs delivered by competent, dedicated, and caring staff members.
- The organization has compassionate program leaders committed to both patients and staff.
- Persons served and other stakeholders report high levels of satisfaction with services received and the caring nature of personnel.
- The organization demonstrates a strong commitment to the community it serves and to its mission and vision.
What type of patients do we treat?
- Spinal cord injury.
- Brain injury.
- Major multiple trauma.
- Hip fracture.
- Neurological disorders.
- Knee or hip replacement.
What services do we provide?
- Comprehensive physician oversight—patients are seen daily by a rehabilitation physician.
- 24/7 rehabilitation nursing care.
- Physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech/language pathology.
- Social services and case management.
How is the TVRH Rehabilitation Hospital different from a skilled nursing facility?
- The intensity of our physician oversight far exceeds what is provided in a skilled nursing facility.
- We provide intense therapy services 3 hours a day, 5 days a week.
- The entire team at TVRH Rehabilitation Hospital meets regularly to discuss patient progress, functional status and discharge plans.
Making a referral
All of our patients must obtain a physician referral before being admitted to TVRH Rehabilitation Hospital. Referring your patients to us has never been easier. Our rehabilitation services are covered by most insurance policies.